Pingbusuk

Friday 13 December 2013

Songfacts S.A.D.byMark Owen




This song features a vocal contribution from Manchester singer-songwriter Ren Harvieu. Owen told The Sun how the collaboration came about. "I'd been chatting to my hairdresser, telling her about the new record and said I was looking for a lady singer," he explained. "She told me about Ren on Later... With Jools Holland and so I watched it and thought she'd be perfect. I called up her A&R man and her manager got back to me."

"She came to the studio, which was a wonderful moment for me," he continued. "When I was younger I used to watch Doris Day films. I love her films and her songs - my favourite being 'By The Light Of The Silvery Moon.' And Ren was my Doris Day on 'S.A.D.' She's got an amazing voice and sings it so easily. It was a real high point of making this record."
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment