Pingbusuk

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Wan Zack Haikal chooses Kelantan

WAN Zack Haikal Wan Noor chose Kelantan over two other Super League teams before mutually terminating his two-year contract with Japan Football League (Division Three) outfit FC Ryukyu.
Yesterday, the winger along with Australia-born Brendan Gan, who was granted a Malaysian passport recently, and Fitri Omar were unveiled as Kelantan's latest signings for the ongoing season.
The trio signed three-year contracts with the reigning FA Cup champions.
Although agreeing that he may never get another opportunity to play abroad again, Wan Zack Haikal believes Kelantan will turn him into a better winger.
"I left Ryukyu because I could not cope with injuries. I played only two games before I got injured last October," said Wan Zack Haikal in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.
"Critics are upset but I was frustrated dealing with the injuries. It is seen as a step backward but for me, I believe I've made the right decision."
Wan Zack Haikal, who underwent multiple knee surgeries, will only complete rehab in August, in time for the Malaysia Cup.
"I consulted interim national coach Ong Kim Swee before making this decision. Although the coach was slightly upset, he was open to my decision," Wan Zack Haikal added.
Kelantan FA (Kafa) advisor Tan Sri Annuar Musa said those concerned should not criticise Wan Zack Haikal for joining his team.
"We are not a 'kampung' team....we are one of the best teams in the M-League.
"Critics tend to look down on a player when he returns from a failed stint abroad.
"Wan Zack Haikal did well for Ryukyu but I believe he will become a better winger with us," said Annuar.
In a statement, FC Ryukyu said the move to release Wan Zack Haikal for an undisclosed fee was difficult.
"We did not release the player because of money. We felt it was better for him to be in a comfortable environment at this stage of his career."

Wan Zack Haikal chooses Kelantan


Read more - Wan Zack Haikal chooses Kelantan - Soccer - New Straits Times
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment